Friday, April 28, 2017

FALL RUNNER MISHAP

I consider myself at least a intermediate quilter.  I hope I am not the only one that makes these silly mistakes.  I was completely down to the last row of quilting on my fall runner.  I discover that my back is slightly short on one of the sides.  Good grief now what does one do!  I could shorten it, I was not crazy about doing that.  I took a bit more time and discovered that once my binding was on and turned over the back to hand sew down I could cover up the mishap.
Well here it is done, and no one will ever know that that back was slightly short.  I was able to completely cover it up with the folded over binding.  Its a finish so I am linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. this is such a lovely runner--the colors are perfect for Fall--glad you fixed it! i have done that, also...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think uh-ohs happen to all of us at one time or another. You made lemonade from lemons, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep....happen to me too. I had to pick up a part of the quilting, sew a strip of fabric to the backing. What make us intermediary quilters is the fact that we can find solutions to problems, not avoid them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad, DonnaleeQ, we all make mistakes. I've been quilting for forty years, and silly things still happen. The point is, you fixed it and it's great!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete