Friday, December 11, 2015


Just after Thanksgiving I decided that I would have liked some fall placements for the table.  I went on a full scale search through my studio and finally managed to find a few bits and pieces of fall fabrics.  There sure wasn't much there to work with, but I figured I would make do.  So I sliced and diced and came up with these strips.
I sewed them together into a basic 14 by 19 inch placemat.  I need at least nine placemats, but was able to get the components for twelve.
Some nice curvy line quilting.  I have found that runners and placemats really wash up well if quilting fairly heavily.
The finished product.  I did end up buying binding fabric so that all twelve had the same binding.  The backs got a variety of orange prints left over from Halloween projects done years ago.  So one down and eleven to go.  But at least one is done, and I have actually also finished up another five completely and one more ready for quilting. That still leaves six more to put together and finish off with quilting and binding, but I definitely have a project on its way to being finished by next Thanksgiving.  Since at least a couple of these are a finished project I am linking up with.


  1. excellent method and results....that's using the old stash!

  2. love, love this idea...nice variation!!

  3. Good looking design and thank you for including the dimensions, too!

  4. That looks so good, the quilting really adds a great dimension. Love your scrap quilt made for your granddaughter's boyfriend too (how lucky she is to have you to make that for her).