Sunday, September 29, 2024

TABLE RUNNERS AND BEDSPREADS

I spent a couple days this past week shopping for fabric for my newest project, making a king size bedspread.  Between JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby and my two local quilt shops I was surprised to fairly easily find the 10 fabrics needed and a back for it.  Now the chore of cutting out 120 10.5 inch squares at least for starters and eventually also working on the two pillow shams and a couple decorative pillows.  I ended the week with finishing up teaching binding to the last class of beginner quilters at one of the local quilt shops.

Cindy was so happy with her finished Christmas table runner.  It is always fun to see a new quilter finish their first project and be happy with it.

I am at it again.  My guild's next quilt show is scheduled for January 2026, just 15 months from now.  At our last quilt show our boutique sold over 400 table toppers and runners.  Guild members are responsible for making every one of them.  Now the guild does have a good amount of fabric donated to help out the cause but a good deal of it is provided personally by us as well.  Size is 13" by 28" and I like finishing my bindings by hand.  I will probably make some hexagon table toppers at a later date too.   

 
And the ten fabrics ready to begin my bedspread.  I took pictures of our area rugs on each side of our bed and the metal art work on the walls using the colors in those items and I think I have a pretty good construction plan.

Linky Parties on the Side Bar






   

No comments:

Post a Comment