Sunday, October 6, 2024

THE KING SIZE PROJECT

 I spent this past week working on my bedspread project.  For the most part things are going well.  I did have one snag.  I found the perfect back for this project but somehow miscalculated the amount of 108" backing fabric I needed.  Yes I bought 3.5 yards instead of 4.5 yards.  Well, as most quilters I have a pretty good stash, so it is not too much of an issue.  Just pack it away for a future quilt's backing.  Must go back out now and hope I can still find that yards or something similar.

This is a picture of our old bedspread.  Ten inch squares with nine different fabrics. 

This is the pillow sham.

The new bedspread fabrics.  Ten different fabric selections based on the rugs on each side of the bed and also some metal artwork on two walls.  I have these four rows of 10" squares completed and an additional three as well.  I will need 12 rows.  The finished project will be 100" long by 120" wide.  

I have both the centers of the pillow shams pieced as well.  So thus far everything seems to be going very well.  I have over half way finished with the piecing of the bedspread.

I have my little helper laying on one of the rugs that I used as part of my color selections for the bedspread.  She is much more concerned about working on her suntan with the sun coming in from the bedroom sliding door than supervising the project.  


Linky Parties on the Side Bar


 


 



 





 

1 comment:

  1. Bright and pretty colors for your bedroom, I also love this rug where sweet Zoey is lying ;) Thank you for sharing your progress, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete