Sunday, September 15, 2024

GETTING THE TO DO LIST DONE

 I decided this week to try to get a couple of charity quilts finished off and off my To DO LIST.  I usually do them out of fabric provided by my guild's charity group, however often have to supplement fabric from my stash. 

The quilt top thus far except for the black and white borders are donated fabric.  I have pulled the border fabric out of my stash.  Not sure I am thrilled with it.

The pattern calls for corner blocks.  I think I like that better, but still not sure I like the black and white stripe border.  May have to pop out and find a red border instead.  

The second Luck Cowgirl quilt top is finished and on Wednesday gets turned into the charity group.
The second wolf quilt top is also done and will along with the first wolf quilt top finished last week go to the group.
I am thinking these look like a fun fall project.  

Linky Parties on the Side Bar










 


 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love cowgirl quilt!! The wolf quilt has turned out beautifully too, love the corners. The two cats new projects are cute! Thank you for sharing your pretty finishes and projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! Those quilts will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made good progress with your donation projects. The cowgirl quilt is so cute! And the wolves are just perfect for a boy (though I can see a few girls being thrilled with those too). The black and white stripe is an interesting choice, I like it. Maybe if you finish it with a red or green binding it will pull the inner colors to the border?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are great! So pretty. I agree that the black and white striped fabric doesn't seem to work. Enjoy your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the charity quilts. Great work!

    ReplyDelete