Sunday, March 3, 2024

RAIDERS FOOTBALL APRONS AND PATTERNS

 This past week had me spending some of my time working on finally preparing appliqué pieces for my Sweet Tweet final bird block number 9.  I still have vines, leaves and a couple more flowers to cut out and fuse, but I am getting there.

It's a start, as fabric selection is the hardest for me and takes the most time to pick out.

My daughter recently asked me to make Raider football team pillowcases for her friend for Christmas.  So this past week she asked if I could make an apron for this friend for her birthday.  Yes, Raider themed.  I headed to JoAnn's to pick up a pattern.  After a good 30 minutes and selecting multiple patterns, every one was out of stock.  To make matters more interesting, patterns are very expensive.  Yes, a simple apron pattern runs between $15.99 to $19.99.  While they offer 30% off not one of them was available.  Only choice at that point was Amazon, yes $15.99 plus tax.  I am putting this one in a very safe place.
The good news was I found Raiders fabric on sale at Hobby Lobby at 40%, and it is 90" wide and a nice heavy weight fabric for that pattern.
Plus a perfect back for my Southern Charm quilt top too.  Off to the quilters this coming week.

Linky Parties on the Side Bar


  



    


 
  

12 comments:

  1. Loving those cute birds! Sounds like I had better put the apron patterns I have under lock and key. I have not purchased a pattern lately for anything! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember the days when it was cheaper to make something than buy it. Definitely not that way these days with the cost of patterns and fabric. You've got a good start on your last Sweet Tweets block. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bird and pretty purple wings! The apron is going to be fun with the Raiders fabric ;) Love the floral prints.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The aprons will look great, and luckily you can re-use that expensive pattern as many times as you want. I do remember buying patterns and fabric was much cheaper than purchasing clothing ready made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the aprons. I tried to sew and I just don't have the knack. I was terrible in Home Economics.

    I can remember my mother making me my school clothes. I was the best dressed gal in my early years of school.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a generous mother you are. No doubt your daughter's friend will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, can't wait to see block 9 of Sweet Tweets!! And WOW, I haven't bought a pattern in years, I had no idea they were so expensive! You are a sweet Mama to do that for your daughter. I hope her friend appreciates it! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be a nice gift! Remember when you could get patterns for .99 .... oh boy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Sweet Tweet blocks are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birds are so cute. That looks like a fun apron to make. I haven't bought a pattern in ages, sure they've become expensive! Pretty backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that seems a little high for patterns. Cant wait to see the apron. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down, your birds are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donnalee, your Sweet Tweet is coming right along. I'm sure that it'll be wonderful! Good luck with the apron. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete