Sunday, March 10, 2024

BOUTIQUE SEWING AGAIN, SCRAP BINS AND SUE

 This has been another week of sewing for my guild's quilt show boutique.  A request went out that the boutique needs many more home made items.  Our last quilt show made a profit of $15,000 and the boutique contributed $5,000 of that.  Obviously it is important to stock the boutique well.  Placemats, table runners and table topers were the primary items that sold like crazy.

I knocked out these nine this week and have another 7 ready to go.  A good part of all this sewing is cleaning out some of my scraps bins.  

I have 5 wire racks with scraps in various colors in my sewing room closet like this.

Three wire bins like this.  Really time to try to clean some of this out.  So I fear that the next couple weeks will be madly sewing boutique items.

I did take a bit of a break though and worked on the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt.  This is the fourth and final row ready to quilt.  I will admit that it has been a real chore, but it is going well and I am very happy with the quilting results.  

Linky Parties on the Side Bar






  


12 comments:

  1. Love Sunbonnet Sue. In fact, one of our former guild members who now has Alzheimer's, her family donated her stash and several UFO's to our guild. A lovely Sunbonnet Sue was donated, I am going to quilt it so maybe we can put it in our quilt auction. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boutique items are a fun way to use up and show your fabrics! I love the light blue with white flowers with red centers. Great progress on Sue, these quilted hearts are going to be lovely.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a lot of sewing for the quilt show. Good luck using up a few scraps and cleaning up the bins a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some nice contributions for the guild boutique. Love your Sun Bonnet Sue quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so talented. What a relaxing thing you do. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little table toppers! Yes, boutiques to help the profits for a quilt show. I have been organizing many of my fabrics to thin down my stash for our bargain basement room as our show is in 2 weeks. Your sunbonnet Sue ( and Sam) is so cute. I admire your determination to do the quilting. Keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great profit!! go you!! I like the hexies and win win - stash reduction!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hearts surrounding Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your guild is very fortunate to have you make all these goodies! I need to get busy making some things for our boutique for our summer show! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome use of your scraps, and your guild benefits. The Sunbonnet Sue is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Sunbonnet Sue is pretty, I've never made one of those. Good on you making even more items for your guild to sell.

    ReplyDelete