Sunday, March 24, 2024

APRONS, A RUNNER AND SUN BONNET SUE FINISHED

I accomplished a good deal over this past week.  Both the Raiders aprons are finished and I had enough fabric left over to make a runner to go with one, both are gifts for two friends of one of my daughters.  

 
I am  pleased with how easy the aprons were to make and the runner came out nicely.  I had left overs from one Raiders fabric that I used to make pillowcases and another runner durning the Christmas season for one that same daughter's friends.
I finished the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt this week.  I am so pleased to get it done, as it was started a good 20 years ago.  It goes to my  granddaughter Suren that started it with me when she was 10 or 12 years old.  When I reorganized the storage systems in my sewing room I happened upon it, forgotten for years.  
This is the backing fabric.  Yes it is perfect for it.  I happened to pick this fabric up off the free table a my guild meeting several months before unearthing the quilt.  Who would have thought at that time it would be the perfect backing for that long forgotten quilt.  

Linky Parties on the Side Bar





15 comments:

  1. Sunbonnet Sue is just so adorable...my Mom made one quite a few years ago and I cherish it...
    Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aprons look very nice. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who stumbles across 'old' projects in the sewing room. The quilt is very nice. Your granddaughter will be thrilled to see the finish, she probably doesn't even remember the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the Raiders projects, they look great! Bravo for finishing the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt, it's such a sweet quilt, and yes, the backing is perfect!
    Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backing is perfect indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunbonnet Sue turned out so cute! The backing was definitely a win, it's perfect for the quilt!!
    The apron is cute too, just in time for BBQ season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding that backing fabric for the Sunbonnet Sue quilt was very fortuitous. It is such an adorable quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunbonnet Sue is just as cute as can be! The aprons are great gift ideas and I'm sure they are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Sunbonnet Sue quilt is really cute. You've been moving along on several of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt and I love the apron. Beautiful work.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The backing fabric is perfect! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunbonnet Sue quilt is great and the backing is perfect. Nice apron too! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Sunbonnet Sue & Sam quilt brings back memories. They were so popular when I started quilting in 1985. Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled to revisit the project you started with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Won't your granddaughter be surprised to get that quilt after all this time!!! And yes, perfect backing. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on a UFO finish, its adorable! Thank you for sharing in Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete