Sunday, February 25, 2024

SOUTHERN CHARM AND BLOCK 9

This week I spent a good deal of time working on my Souther Charm quilt top.  After fininally finishing Sweet Tweet block 8 I needed a break from appliqué for a few days and Sun Bonnet Sue as well.  Something easy and somewhat mindless.

Southern Charm is finished.  This top was a lot of fun to work on as    I had lots of half yard pieces in the bundle I purchased to work with   and lots of pieced blocks that I could use to make it interesting.          

Block 9 of Sweet Tweets is finally here.  I do have one more month which is a pieced border.  I do not plan to do that border.  I think a simple border is just fine.  Who knows I could change my mind, but as of now that is my plan. 
This is the border fabric I selected and the binding.  I don't think I have any blocks in 1 through 8 that have any lavender or purple fabric in them, so block 9's bird might need a bit of that color.  So I may need to do a bit of shopping for some lavender or purplish fabric or even a good climb through my stash. 

Linky Parties on the Side Bar
 



                                                                                                     


   

13 comments:

  1. love your quilt..nice colors....and the border for sweet tweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Southern Charm quilt is very pretty. That border fabric is very pretty. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southern Charm turned out beautifully! Sad to see the last block of Sweet Tweets, it's going to be a beautiful finish. Your border fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Souther Charm, so pretty. Fun blocks too. The last Sweet Tweets block is going to be lovely, and the fabric you choose for the border is beautiful. I'm sure that you will find a little piece a purple somewhere into your stash ;)
    Thank you for sharing these pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southern Charm is pretty. It has a very calming colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics in your southern charm quilt, so cozy and pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Southern Charm quilt. It's beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never done quilting myself, but love to see such beautiful work.
    I visited you via Comedy Plus: Happy Tuesday 35
    My links: 42+43. I hope you will join us this week at Wed-Sat at #WordlessWednesday (words welcome) https:// esmesalon. com / tag / wordlesswednesday/ See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple yes, but very pretty! Good choice for a break from applique. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/28/wednesday-wait-loss-369

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wit to see Sweet Tweets as a top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That border fabric will be perfect to frame your Sweet Tweets blocks. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv the border fabric,it's perfect! It has been exciting watching these blocks come together,can't wait for the final finalie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both quilts are beautiful and I can’t wait to see what you finally do use for your borders. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you had lots of fabric fun this week. 😁 Carol https://quiltschmilt.ca/

    ReplyDelete