Sunday, February 11, 2024

SWEET TWEET 7 PLUS 8 AND ATTIC WINDOWS

I am finally back to working on Sweet Tweets again.  I took most of January off dealing with reorganizing my sewing room.  Glad that is done, and sure discovered a lot of really old UFO's and have spent some time dealing with them.  Oh yes, there are more in there but it was a start.
Block 7 is completed and block 8 has a very good start.  Just a couple more blossoms to finish up and fuse on.  Just block 9 to go and it should be available later this week.  The 10th month is just the border instructions.  Once I have all 9 of the blocks done and sewn together I will see about the border fabric and binding.
I pulled out my Attic Windows blocks this past week and got them sewn together.  It is bright and cheery but with very limited fat quarter fabrics available it has lots of repeats.  I am quilting it with a serpentine stitch and variegated orange thread.  It will be going to my guild's charity quilt group and off to someone that hopefully will love it.  It is 48 by 56 in size so a nice size quilt for this purpose.  


 Linky Parties on the Side Bar
      
       


21 comments:

  1. Sweet Tweets is delightful! A lovely spring-is-coming project. A good feeling to have a sewing room reorganized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful birds and flowers on your appliqué blocks! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am luving watching these birds come together,the attic window blocks are nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new Sweet Tweet blocks are really cute. Can't wait to see the project all finished.
    I LOVE the Attic Window quilt. Really love the colors. Someone will love owning that quilt for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sweet Tweets blocks are really pretty. Congrats on getting the donation quilt together. Even with the repeats, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sweet tweet blocks are amazing!!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Tweets is so cute! The donation quilt will be deeply appreciated. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful work. I agree with the comments before. I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blocks and thanks for visiting my blog. The flowers will be a wonderful addition to my forever quilt made with my Mom's creations. I am fortunate to have several sisters who also quilt.
    Therese www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pretty birds, and your Attic Windows is a nice, cheerful quilt. I don't think the repeats are a problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna - your sweet tweets are totally adorable! Joining you from Slow Sunday Stitching - I am #23! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the scrappy birds. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The birds are wonderful -- and so are the log cabin/box blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bird blocks and looking forward to seeing it finished. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on finishing your declutter! I'm sure someone will be happy to have the quilt you plan to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on getting your flimsy together. I am just loving those Sweet Tweets! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Sweet Tweet blocks are so cute! Love your Attic Window quilt too, great way using scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is so pretty - even with the repeats!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Donnalee, your Sweet Tweets blocks are so cute! Your Attic Window block quilt will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete