Tuesday, May 2, 2017

SIDE TRIP TO MINNESOTA

I just arrived home today from a trip to Minnesota to visit my bestie Brooke.  One of these trip always includes a day trip to Gruber's Quilt Store.  It is such a treat as they have one of the largest selections of fabric to tempt one.  
 I picked up these batiks for an appliqué project I have in mind.  
One of these white fabrics will be the background for some flowers.  I love these new word and pictorial prints.  
These two just grabbed me and refused to let me go without bringing them home.  Now to figure out a project for them.  Any ideas out there?
Last rock fabric for a workshop I am taking next week.  This was what I came for in the first place, but one can get way laid along the way with other tempting treats.
Brooke and I also worked on a number of projects while I was there and I give you a sneak peek on Friday.  
I am linking up to show off my spending spree.
To Do Tuesday
Silly Mama Quilts
The Needle and Thread Network
Mid Week Makers

7 comments:

  1. thanks so much for coming to visit!!
    it was such a fun time and we accomplished so much!!!
    come again anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donnalee - you picked up some good fabrics. I'm going to a big sale this weekend with two of my besties - I am hoping to come back with some good stuff too. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE those yellow floral fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly yummy fabric - I think I would have come home with the same! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Shopping with a like minded friend and finding so many lovely fabrics! I have a shop hop planned with friends for July which are always a fun time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky enough to visit Gruber's in 2007, when we were attending my nephew's wedding in St. Paul. I came home with lot's of yummy stuff!. Someday, I will go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh... I am loving those fabric choices! Those batiks are so bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete