Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BABY QUILT PROJECT

A friend a couple months ago asked if I would make a quilt for a very special friend of hers that is expecting her first baby.  Sure, sounds like fun.  She ordered some really special fabric.
The new mom to be is a veterinarian and raises these Yellow Labrador pups. So my friend and I made a trip to a local quilt store and picked up these coordinating fabrics.  
 And now we are off to get this quilt done.  I took a brief break over the weekend to make up one block .  I just had to see how they would look. 
 And I'm off to get this quilt pieced and quilted before baby arrives in July.  

11 comments:

  1. That dog fabric is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DonnaleeQ - this fabric is just perfect for a veterinarian. I just love yellow labs - so cute. I am 100% sure she will love it. I cannot wait to see the completed quilt. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful and will make a sweet quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, so cute!!

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dog fabric too! How big do you make your baby quilts. A first grandbaby is expected here in July for us. And I haven't sewn anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such cute fabric! Can't wait to see the finish on this, as it's got yummy colors too! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! The coordinates are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a very cute quilt =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice block! Great way to show off the special print with the perfect coordinating prints!

    ReplyDelete