Wednesday, May 10, 2017

PAINTING ON FABRIC CLASS

I have mentioned a couple times that I have begun to dabble with painting on fabric.  The learning curve on this is challenging.  My guild offered a class so I took it yesterday.  
This doesn't look like much, but I did learn I can paint my entire fat quarter of PDF fabric with water diluted paints.  
I now have grass on the lower potion of the fat quarter.  The green paint droplet will have to be cut off.  I got a bit to eager with the paint brush.  
 Time to add more blue, the teacher said mine was too light.  The colors lighten once dry.  
While paint dried outside in the sun.  We played making trees with yarn and thread.  Placed between Sulky Wash A Way you sew on top of it all over the threads.  Once washed away you get a nice little lacy tree.  
Learned several useful ideas to play with, and face it the most important thing was I had a great time.  
So I'll link up with a whole new set of WIPs.

5 comments:

  1. wow!! impressive!! glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like fun! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun class! Love how your painted FQ is turning out, and what a great way to make trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun project! Looking forward to seeing the next step!

    ReplyDelete