Sunday, November 26, 2023

PLACEMATS AGAIN AND MUSHROOMS

 This past week was filled with Thanksgiving preparations.  We share Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings and meals with our youngest daughter, she is in the medical field so always has to work on one or the other.  This year Thanksgiving was my holiday and she will do Christmas.  Between all the preparations I did take sometime to decompress in the sewing room.

I finished the top of my mushroom collage.  
I was attempting to recreate this photo I took in New Zealand several years ago. I am fairly pleased with the end results.  The dark background gave me a bit of a problem, so I ended up doing brighter colored stitches on and around the grasses.  I am now just waiting for an order of micro-polyester 100wt thread to quilt it with 1/2 inch apart straight stitching and finish it up.    
I finished up a second set of placemats for my daughter and decided it was my turn and quickly sewed up a set for myself for the Christmas season.  I have another set cut out and ready to put together.  If I can get myself together over the next week I should be able to finish them up and move back on to getting Sweet Tweet block 4 done and 5 started.  All this placemat construction and mushrooms has set me behind on that project.

 Linky Parties on the Side Bar
    


 

15 comments:

  1. I love the placemats. The mushroom looks very authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mushroom is really cute. You did an amazing job of capturing the shape and colors with your fabrics. Happy stitching this week. Hopefully you can get back on track this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful mushroom, it looks very like the photo, and the background match it too. Lovely mini!
    You are ready for the season with these pretty placemats! Have fun stitching ST blocks 4 and 5 this week.
    Thank you for sharing your projects, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mushroom collage looks so real. It's beautiful. My girls both work in medical field too - respiratory therapist and occupational therapist, so we often celebrate together on different days than the actual holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing mushroom! I didn't realize that mushrooms could come in so many edible varieties! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. You're so artistic.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Placemats are on my list of things that I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that mushroom so much! As beautiful as the originals you saw in New Zealand. Your new Christmas placemats sure are pretty. You are ready for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job capturing the details of the mushroom. The placemats are pretty. I have a set of placemats that I need to finish up one of these days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Mushroom collage and the placemats are fun and pretty!! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool collage - I think your nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mushroom project is beautiful and I love your placemats. I need to sew up a set of Christmas placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donnalee, I love that collage. I think that the background is perfect! Good luck with finishing the placemats and working on your Sweet Tweets! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks

    ReplyDelete