Sunday, November 12, 2023

BLOCK 3 AND MIX AND MATCH

I finally got back to Sweet Tweet appliqué blocks this past week.   However placemats are still high on my to do list again.  Our youngest daughter's home is decorated in a Mid Century Modern theme and she requested some placemats.  Please no florals or pumpkins, OK so I dug around in my stash and got a few started for her.  She wants 8 so it will be a bit more of a chore than I do for the 4 I make for myself.

At last block three is done.  Those two yellow flowers at the top of the block were not fun at all.  There was no way to continuously appliqué them down.  Lots and lots of starts, stops, pull to the back threads and tie them. 

But don't they all three look fun together.  Row 1 is done!  So it is on to block 4 this week.

Here are the first 3 of 8 placemats for my daughter.  She got a sneak peek at them and is very happy with them.  Just have the other 5 to do the handwork on their bindings.  

And the reverse of fabrics for the second set of 8.  They can be mix and matched with the first set as well.   For some reason I had tons of these two fabrics in my stash and they have sat around for a couple years.  So a good use for them to find a home.  I will get these quilted and bound over the next couple weeks in between getting other projects worked on.


 Linky Parties on the Side Bar

   


19 comments:

  1. Love those bird blocks...so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 3rd Sweet Tweet is beautiful. Can't wait for block #4. The placemats are great, love the colors. I think they are perfect mid century look and love that they are reversable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea to reverse the fabrics within the set of placemats! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Sweet Tweet blocks! Great placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What colourful birds in your appliqué flower garden! Nice placemats too. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet birds, very cute! And I like the varied background fabrics, adds interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Treat is coming along beautifully! The placements look really nice, it's an added bonus that you are moving along some older stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your row of birds is adorable. Hand applique is not one of my favorites. But that makes me all the more appreciative of those that take the time to do it. Well done! Thanks for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those birds. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Sweet Tweet blocks! So gorgeous. So glad that your daughter loves the new placemats you are making for her! Nothing better than when a handmade gift is appreciated. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/15/wednesday-wait-loss-354

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bird blocks are so delightful--bright, beautiful, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the first row is wonderful! These cute birds and flowers look good together, and the two yellow flowers are very pretty. Love the placemats too, these two fabrics are very well coordinated, with a lovely modern look. Nice to have the perfect fabric in your stash!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bird blocks make me feel so happy. Would you believe I was reading your post when the first bird of the season came to the feeder outside my office window? I never tire of viewing birds whether of the fabric variety or the alive variety.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bird blocks are gorgeous, they look so intricate. And the placemats look very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super great placemats - love the reversible idea!!
    Thanks for adding your link to Finished ( or not) Friday!! Its always fun to see what you areup to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bird blocks are stunning -- all the stopping and starting, all the buried threads were worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Tweet looks great! The time spent will be so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete