Sunday, November 5, 2023

NEW FALL RUNNER , PLACE MATS AND A PUPPY

I really need to get back to finishing Block 3 and move on to Block 4 of Sweet Tweets, but I have decided I need a couple of new fall runners and placemats for myself. 

After making a pumpkin runner for my daughter with a black cat on it I decided to make one for myself.  No cat on mine, our dog would be insulted if I had a cat on my runner.  Yes a bit of a color swap with the grey pumpkins but that looks perfect with the wild small pumpkin print and the leaves print border had grey in it too.  

And another set of place mates for our table.  Of all the various ones I have made this particular pattern is the fastest and easies to make.  The center is cut 10.5" square and the borders are 2.5", that makes a 14" square place mat.  Add several lines of serpentine quilting and the binding that take only 2 strips of 2.5" by WOF and they are done.
My daughter was here last month and we had a wonderful time quilting together.  She returned home after our visit and just this past week sent me a picture of her new baby.  
Big brother and the little guy are getting along really well.


 Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  


 


   


17 comments:

  1. Great projects and that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun runners and those two doggies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkin table runner. I like that you used non traditional colors and patterns. Always fun to mix things up, fall has more than just orange pumpkins 🎃.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute puppy with his big brother. Your own pumpin runner looks great, of course you couldnt put a cat on your one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute pumpkin table runner. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet puppy picture! Your table runner is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that puppy. What a cutie pie.

    You're so talented. I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy that puppy looks adorable! Love your new runner and placemats. You are so ready for the season! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/08/wednesday-wait-loss-353

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome table runner. I love pumpkins!! And look how adorable the new baby is! It appears to already be quite at home! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your runner and placemats are lovely but OH MY GOODNESS I just want to snuggle and love on those sweet furbabies!! I am a sucker for big dogs, and puppies that will grow into big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all pumpkin things and the fabrics you chose made your runner fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donnalee, I love your pumpkin 🎃 fabrics. Your runner and placemat look great. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pumpkin runner, but the really cute puppy steals the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute use of blue for the pumpkins! The puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You table runner is so pretty and the puppy is adorable.It's been a while but am I remembering big brother is Loki? I think big brother and my Loki are the same age.

    ReplyDelete