Sunday, October 29, 2023

A NEW FALL RUNNER AND FUSIBLE TAPE

I took a break this past week working on Sweet Tweets and decided to make a table runner for one of my daughters.  I noticed she had a really old table runner on her kitchen table while at her home and decided she needed something new.   

On WeAllSew-Bernina this free pattern was offered and I thought a perfect runner for her during this fall season.  She also happens to have a couple cats so this fit the bill for her.  
I reduced the size by 2 pumpkins to fit her table.  However this pattern is a pain to make.  Lots and lots of tiny little magic corners  made with only .75 of an inch up to 1.75 inches squares and multiple pieces that could have been easily combined.  I suffered through it and in the end it is really cute.  Now that it is done I plan on doing some simplification of some of the pieces for future use.   
I recently ran out of my Steam-A-Seam Lite 1/4" fusible tape.  I use it to fuse my bias vines on appliqué projects.  I ended up finding this much improved tape.  My appliqués are primarily done by machine.  I often appliqué pieces down with a blanket stitch using poly, rayon or invisible thread.  However, when using a 1/4" wide bias for vines and stems I prefer not to have to appliqué them down, so I fuse them down.  This new product really works well and is a much easier to use.    
As you can see on this beginning of Sweet Tweet Block 3 there are lots of bias vines some really tiny.  I sure do not want to be trying to appliqué these down so the fusible 1/4" product is a real plus for me and believe me they are fused permanently. 

 Linky Parties on the Side Bar

 

  



18 comments:

  1. what a cute pumpkin runner. Your daughter will love it! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pumpkin and black cat runner, so cute! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Sweet Tweet block you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your runner is super cute! ~~ Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table runner is really cute! Definitely worth dealing with the crappy instructions. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely runner, even if the pattern was not easy, the final quilt is beautiful. Love the black cat ;)
    I love the beginning of Sweet Tweet Block 3, pretty tiny vines!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cat runner. It's purrfect. You're so talented.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute runner! Perfect for autumn and cat lovers. Your daughter is sure to love it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/01/wednesday-wait-loss-352

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that runner--sorry it was a pain. I usually like her patterns but I'll have to keep that info in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a black cat with pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your runner with the cat and pumpkins is perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the 1/4" fusible tape tip. Always welcomed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi DonnaLee, what a great fall runner. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely table runner you have made for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that runner pattern. I don't keep up on new products, and I'm always amazed when I take the time to look at what is available. Glad you found something that makes creating easier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an adorable runner. The cat really makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a purrfect table runner for autumn. Well done modifying the pattern to size. I would never have guessed you eliminated two pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun Fall project! Thanks for sharing with the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute table runner! It's adorable!
    Thank you for linking to PHD in 2023, October report!

    ReplyDelete