Sunday, October 22, 2023

PATRIOTIC TABLE TOPPERS AND BLOCK TWO

 Things are much quieter this week here at home.  Our oldest daughter headed back home after a wonderful week of sewing and quilting lessons with her finished projects and family gatherings.  I have been able to get back to my Sweet Tweets project and made great progress. 

I know I said I was done with making items for our upcoming May guild's quilt show, but a pile of patriotic fabrics on the free table at the October meeting was just too hard to resist.  Thank goodness there was only enough to make these three table toppers.  Now truly I am done, at least I hope so.  Right now if my count is right I have made around 55 or so items for them.  Enough is enough at least I hope so.  
Sweet Tweets Block 2 finished this weekend.  Moving on to Block 3.  
Our little Zoey relaxing in front of the window looking out into our back yard.  I suspect she is really on the lookout for the birds that stop by at the feeder and fountain for a bath.  She doesn't approve of them being in our back yard.  Given the chance she will race out and bark at them sending them off.  

    Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  




 

16 comments:

  1. What an amazing number of items you have finished to donate. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tweets blocks! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good visit with your daughter. The table toppers are really fun. Your Sweet Treats blocks are just gorgeous! Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table toppers turned out so nice with those free fabrics. Great job on making so many items. Sweet Tweets is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty table toppers, but May is still a long way off, and you still have time to be tempted and make pretty things for the guild's quilt show ;) Lovely second bird block, I love the sweetness of them.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Block 2 is beautiful! I love the light Grey backgrounds on the blocks, they create interest but the birds are definitely the show 👍 I can't wait to see the next block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so talented. Miss Zoey is most adorable. What a cutie pie.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Sweet Treats blocks! The varied grays make 'em pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice of you to make more table toppers for the guild. Loving your Sweet Tweets! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/25/wednesday-wait-loss-351

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very generous contributions to the guild! Lovely tweet blocks! And such a cute guard dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 55 projects. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bird block is very pretty. Clever Zoey, keeping an eye on those pesky birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Tweet blocks. I love how you are doing the background on these! Fantastic. I love your patriotic table toppers too! Thanks for sharing your talent with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Treats is so pretty! and little Zoey.... what a good watch dog!! Thanks for adding to Finished ( or not) Friday!! your posts always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donnalee, your Sweet Tweet blocks are gorgeous. That will make such a lovely quilt! Nice table toppers...it's hard to resist free fabric at the guild - I often get a lovely little bag of scraps to add to mine! Zoey is cute and at least she's not hunting the birds lol! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tweet blocks are adorable! Thank you for linking up the patriotic toppers in Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete