Sunday, October 15, 2023

SWEET TWEETS BLOCK ONE AND THE QUILT FESTIVAL

This past week has been a busy one.  I have finished up all the table runners for the up coming quilt show boutique.  Turned all of them in to the lady in charge.  And finally can get back to doing something I really love.   

Block One of Sweet Tweets is done.  Just in time to have Block 5 arrive.  So I am still 4 behind.  Time to get moving on this project.  
I took Thursday off and joined lots of others on the bus provided by my local quilt store and we went to the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara.  I think there were 46 of us plus the service dog.
I did a bit of shopping while at the show.  The fabrics on the right are additions for making Sweet Tweets.  Those on the left are for making a piece for the Mistlin Gallery challenge coming up in April.  You are to make a piece that does not exceed 100" around the perimeter, with a theme from a book title.  My Sweet Tweet project has given me an idea for the book titled The Painted Bird.  So now to work on that idea for a bit over the next couple months,  
I did manage to snag a couple one yard pieces of fabric at a really great discount a well.  Then just some sewing machine needles a new product out that has a non stick surface when sewing with fusibles and some appliqué glue and thread.


And of course the quilts.  I took dozens of pictures.  I always seem to go for the appliqué quilts but the one of the snow leopard really caught my eye too.

                             Linky Parties on the Side Bar

  

 







23 comments:

  1. Sweet Tweets is beautiful! Love the bird! Thanks for showing quilts from the show, I like that snow leopard also. Happy stitchin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an awesome turn out for the quilt show. Love the fabrics you picked up there. I think the Sweet Tweet is an awesome choice to enter into the gallery challenge. From what I saw of it it's very detailed and really shows off your skill at small piecing. Mom, it is going to be a very long while before I am as skilled as you are at quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird block is beautiful, and I love the sweet colors. The trip to the PIQF sounds like it was a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to buy pretty new fabrics !
    Thank you for sharing your busy week, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your Sweet Tweets block. Looks like you did well at the quilt show. Very cool quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet bird. Quilt shows are filled with inspiration and always more fun with friends. Thanks for joining my Sew&Tell linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bus trip to the quilt show had to be so much fun! It's been a couple of years since I've done this, but our guild is planning something similar for 2024. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work. Beautiful. The bus trip sounds like it was tons of fun. Good for you.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun trip! And, I like your bird block--the background adds a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Tweets is definitely going to be a treat when it's finished! I love looking at your applique blocks. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/18/wednesday-wait-loss-350

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tend to photo scads of applique quilts too....got the pix to prove it...but gave me the impetus to finally tackle several applique projects....cityquilter grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no doubt you will catch up quickly. Your block is really lovely, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great time at PIQF. I did too, on Sunday though

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m enjoying your sweet tweets! It looks like you had a fantastic time at the quilt show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the first Sweet Tweet block. The quilts at the festival are beautiful. You found some great fabrics to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bird block and great adds! Was the leopard quilt painted?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun week you had! Those big shows are fun and overwhelming at the same time! Looks like you made some great purchases “

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clearly you and your companions had a great time at PIQF. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun trip that was! That leopard looks like he is real!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Sweet Tweets block is so adorable!!! Looks like a fun group of quilters and a fun destination!!! I enjoyed seeing a few fav quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Donnalee, your Sweet Tweets block is so cute, and only 4 more to go! They must take quite a while to make. I wish that we lived nearer to some big quilt shows. I went on a bus road trip with other quilters - it was so much fun visiting quilt shops along the way and then seeing the show. I do tend to get overwhelmed at these bid show though...so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your Sweet Tweets block, Donnalee! Sounds like you all had a great time at the quilt festival. Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete