Sunday, December 3, 2023

FINISHED BLOCK 5 AND GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS

At last block 5 of Sweet Tweets is done.  I pretty much have spent the last 2 weeks making placemats.  First for my youngest daughter, 2 sets of 8 and then 2 sets of 4 for myself.  I think I am placemat done.  I did take some time to take down all my fall wall hangings and table runners and Christmas ones replaced them.  Getting into the spirit of the season.

This particular block was a bit of a challenge.  Lots of appliqué work on this one.  I am doing my appliqué by machine with invisible thread, my preferred brand is Quilters Select, and I do a very tiny button hole stitch on my Bernina 750 using a 1.6 width and 2.0 length. 

And my finished second set of Christmas placemats.  I just love this particular fabric and I quilted them with an Aurifil 28wt turquoise variegated thread in a serpentine stitch.  So time to do some Christmas baking now.

 Linky Parties on the Side Bar


 

     
 

14 comments:

  1. Your machine applique is beautiful! All that turning and positioning to stitch around all those pieces!--Terry@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the applique and the placemats. It's almost Christmas. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Block 5 is beautiful, that's a lot of pieces to applique. Great idea to use button hole stitch with invisible thread. Your placemats are lovely, well done with all of them!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sweet Tweets block turned out beautifully. It's been fun to watch those blocks come together. The placements are really pretty too. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your block 5. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Block 5 is beautiful. I can only imagine how challenging those little peices were to applique on.
    I love the fabric on the place mats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bird blocks. It's a busy ti e of year, wonder what you will be baking for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique is so beautifully done. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cardinal, but those Christmas placemats are my favorite. They would look very good on our table.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your applique block is very pretty and I love the fabric in your placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress on the bird! Those blocks have a lot of pieces. Having done a lot of applique, I know just the cutting takes some time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Tweets is going to be so pretty! Those placemats are gorgeous. No wonder people keep asking you to make them some. I'm really tempted. 😁 Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

    ReplyDelete