Sunday, December 17, 2023

READY FOR CHRISTMAS, NOT QUITE YET

Christmas is coming fast.  Finished all the baking we intend to do yesterday, but still working on gift shopping.  I should be all done with any Christmas sewing, but at the last minute for some crazy reason I am not.  

My oldest daughter took up quilting this year.  She visited in October and we spent about 10 days working on her projects.  Just this past week this wall hanging arrived in the mail.  Up on the wall immediately, just love it.  

I made a number of Christmas runners earlier this year for my quilt guild's quilt show boutique and this mess of jelly roll leftovers were still hanging around.  I have no idea why I thought I should do something with them at this late date. 

But this pattern was a perfect one to use up some of those 2.5" strips.

I finished the first runner, just sewing down the bindings.  Should be done with it today.  Plan to call my youngest daughter's sister-in-law and tell her to come get a Christmas gift early.   This is the layout for a second one.  Not sure where this one is going but hope to finish it up quickly this week and find someone that wants it.    

 Linky Parties on the Side Bar




13 comments:

  1. What a great little wall-hanging that your daughter made! I bet you're proud of her. I love the tablerunners, too - they'll make nice gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice use of leftover jelly roll pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize some of the fabrics in your Christmas Candy runners. I had 2 charm packs of the Holly Jolly fabric and made a couple of items with it. I like the limey green and the aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun surprise to show up in the mail. You made really good use of those leftovers. I'm hoping I'm done with the shopping. I just some wrapping and Christmas cards to do today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty runners! It's even better if they are made with the last scraps of the year ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table runners are lovely, and such a nice way to use up the leftover 2 1/2 inch strips. It's always great to do a scrap project. To me they feel like freebies in the sense that I don't have to buy fabric to make them. How nice of you to make your daughter's sister in law something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely runners! Those fabrics are very pretty and of course so perfect for Christmas. The wall hanging your daughter made is wonderful! You must be so proud. Have a lovely Christmas! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/20/wednesday-wait-loss-359

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I really hope my daughters want to quilt some day! I bet that was a fun 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those runners were a great way to use up the Christmas scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is it we always come up with yet another project 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! Such cute runners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an adorable wall hanging. Way to go, Daughter!!!! How nice to share your hobby together. a joyful New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that your daughter has been bitten by the quilting bug. The wall hanging is just too cute. Love your runners. Thank you for linking with TDT. Hope your holiday was filled with fun and more time with fabric. 🤗

    ReplyDelete