Friday, November 9, 2018

Wild Honey

My VBF Brooke a week or two ago showed the start of a project with a pattern called Wild Honey, a free pattern by Sharon Holland.
Now Brooke made it really easy for me, we had purchased the fabric together last year while I was out for my annual visit and quilt shopping sprees, so I didn't even have to figure out what fabrics to use. 
Quilting my own projects is a real challenge for me.  I don't free motion despite a 5 day class a couple years ago.  I know practice, practice, practice, but that isn't much fun.  So I used this circular quilting instead, and I think it works perfectly for this runner.  
Plus a little straight line quilting between the blocks. 

And the finished project.  I love that gold fabric!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish--love that "honey" gold fabric hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! at least yours is finished... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donnalee! I love that Brooke is your VBF. I'm going to adopt that term instead of bestie. LOVE! And I love your spirals. So, so, SO much. And even more, the straight line stitching in the sashing - I love to do that kind of quilting. Nice and relaxing, no stress. Kudos to you. This is a cute runner, and I adore the alternating fabrics/blocks. Happy Happy FRIDAY! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty! I think the circle quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the circular quilting and straight line in the sashing is perfect. A lovely runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Donna! How did you quilt such perfect circles? Did you mark them ahead of time and then follow with your walking foot? It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you were spot on with the circles -- very nicely done! And a sweet finish, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice runner. the circles are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful runner -- fabulous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very pretty table runner. I like the circles you quilted and I agree, I think they work perfectly for those blocks. Thanks for linking to Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete