I did mis-calculator on fabric and found I did not have enough of the green to do 12 Block B's. I was not completely sure about the addition of this second fabric, but I had no choice in the matter.
In the end the quilt came out just perfectly. So much so that I am tempted to make another with this pattern. The size is nice 50 by 50 inches.
And I have a finished quilt top so I am going to link up with.
Hi Donnalee! I didn't even notice the substitution until you pointed it out! Great match, and it looks intentional to me. It gives the whole pattern a little movement and continuity, I think. That will be a quick one to quilt as well! Lots of lineal options there is both directions. Happy Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ RoseanneReplyDelete
the spirits of our quilting foremothers are smiling...that's what they would have done...ReplyDelete
Wow! That's a great way to use up those scraps and fast! Thanks for the inspiration.ReplyDelete
Great pattern, I love it!ReplyDelete
Love it. I'm going to add it to my bucket list.ReplyDelete
Love it - this may be my next baby quilt with nursery fabric in the center blocks. How much yardage did you use?ReplyDelete
Love it! Great use of stash and the pattern is lovely! The "extra green" is a perfect addition....if someone notices it, you know they are closely admiring your work! lol!ReplyDelete
I really like that quilt design, and it does look like it goes together quickly! You really are doing a great job using up some stash!ReplyDelete
Good job and the two greens blend so well that the're undetectable .... until someone points it out! Lol!ReplyDelete
I secretly like oversights like your miscalculation ... They push me into "problem solver" mode and make me come up with creative fixes. Your second green is perfect -- well done!ReplyDelete
This is another really great pattern. The two different greens work quite well together. Very nice.ReplyDelete