Friday, November 16, 2018

THE ZOO QUILT

All three of my daughters and their friends are well beyond the baby years, but I still end up now and again making a baby quilt for one of my or their co-workers or one of my daughters suddenly needs a baby quilt for some one.  My supply has been depleted over the last couple years so it was time to make a couple and set them away for Just In Case situations.  
I purchased this fabric some time ago.  It is a Moda called  Savannah.  Along with the panels I bought the fat quarter brick of fabrics that go with them. 
I put together 15 of these 10.5 inch blocks.
And 10 of these blocks that were 8 by 10.5 inches.  Some of these blocks had two animals and others like this one three.  
They are just too cute.  
It didn't take long to get a good start on finishing the quilt top.  
And the top is finished.  It will go off to the quilter as soon as I get the back sewn together.  

16 comments:

  1. oh wow what a cute quilt!!
    I have the same fabric, but not the panel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute fabrics - some baby is going to really enjoy this someday. Probably sooner than later! Happy Friday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is off-the-wall cute! I can see why you bought it and I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of border fabrics is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby quilt. It will be nice to have on hand for the next new addition to somebodies family

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will make such a sweet baby quilt! I think the colors fit both boys and girls and the animals are way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has to be the cutest baby quilt! Love those sweet pictures and the fabrics surrounding each animal is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute baby quilt. I recognize the designer as Gingiber--my daughter just gave me an embroidery kit by the same designer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great resource for a very cute baby quilt. It must have been fun to work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a sweet quilt. I think I have this fabric panel stashed away somewhere in my sewing room. I tend to let them sit for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eep -- I'm such a fan of Gingiber's fabric designs. Your work with Savannah is just beautiful. I have panels of Gingiber's Merrily that I need to sew into Christmas quilts. (Apparently, that won't be happening for Christmas 2018!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is one very adorable quilt top! Great to have a baby quilt on hand for a baby shower when needed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This fabric is so cute! And you've picked great fabrics to border them with. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete