Friday, June 22, 2018

QUILTING GROUP SHOP HOP

My quilt guild has a number of small groups that have formed among the members.  I belong to Chat and Sew, which meets every month on the 3rd Thursday.  You sign up for a month and host that meeting.  Once each year we change things out and take a field trip over the hills and through the dales, no not Grandmother's house, but several quilt shops and of course lunch.  Yesterday we all piled into cars and headed out.  
My first purchase, the two green fabrics on the right, the second two were from the next stop we made.  The grassy patterned green second from the left will make a few more lily pads for my in process Lily Pad wall hanging.


For some unknown reason this lily pad fabric has disappeared and I have to come up with a couple more that go into the borders when added.  
I do not like solid color fabric.  I will use Kona Snow now and again, but for the most part I use fabrics like these two to replace solids.  Besides I love fabric with words on it.  And, this Moda Grunge PokaDot is so fun.  
I know, most will wonder why anyone would purchase this color.  Yes, it one of my favored color and I love Moda Grunge.
And my last purchase but definitely not least.  My oldest granddaughter just graduated with her teaching credential in May.  She has been hired with a 100% contract to teach English at one of our local high schools and she has moved into her own apartment.  She almost always has a cup of tea in her hand and her new apartment floors and other decor is in grays.  This is the perfect fabric to make a couple of placemats for her kitchen table for her August birthday.  Guess I had better get busy with that.  

8 comments:

  1. oh my what a fun day!!
    I love your grunge polka dots!!
    and the tea fabric - that is from the same gal that I did those projects for last spring... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green fabrics! Especially the two on the left. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics, love the tea bags one for your granddaughter, such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of Grunge too and the tea bag fabric is perfect for a tea lover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice purchases, love that grunge fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Grunge, but not in all colors, like pink because pink should be dainty. You lucked out with those nice fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked up some really great fabrics, but that last one is the BEST! I'm going to have to see if I can find some for me...I adore tea and all things tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all those goodies!! I love the olive green script print fabric. The placemat fabric is fun, too -- would be great for fussy cutting those faces to be peeking out from "behind" pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete