She had us double our freezer paper. It makes a template much heavier and you can use them multiple times.
This wasn't too hard. Starch and a paint brush, plus a hot iron and this piece is ready to go.
OK these were easy, no inside curves.
This leaf turned out well too. I used mostly Batiks for this project, but this is one of her hand dyed fabrics, which she sold and the thread count on them was really tight so they almost feel like Batiks.
This inside curve would have really got me, but with some extra help I managed that as well. On top of it she showed us a number of techniques using inks, pencils, and fabric pens. I have a whole set of inks and never used them before. With a bit of her instructions I will be pulling them out of my closet and making use of them now.
Once I got home I decided to tackle my water lily piece. Easy curves, and no need to ink or pencil, as I purchased a Batik that had the colors I needed in it pre-done for me.
This little guy is wonderful. I have had it for years and this is the first time I have ever used it.
One water lily done. I used a hem stitch to sew my petals and leaf down using invisible thread. The stitches are almost not seen. All this to say it is never to late to try that I can't do this project. And, maybe take a chance and go to a class that teaches it for a bit of extra help.