I finally have my Star Blazer top done. The paper piecing was my first attempt and came out really well. The second side was much more of a challenge. The pattern I had did not give directions for making it. I was on my own.
I did run into a small problem. My point on the bottom did not allow for the seam. I had to adjust the straight seam on the right. Next the star was a little too short for the paper pieced side, so I had to add a small piece on the top and the bottom.
At last it was sewn together. Just to trim the left side, cut a back for it and batting. Next on to quilting it. It is my Modern Quilt small group project. The assignment was to use triangles and use quilting that is not straight lines. This should be tons of fun. Even after a four day class on free motion quilting I still have not got the real hang of it.