This first block came out really well. So I was on to block two.
Hmmm! There was a problem I left out piece #5, just skipped right over from #4 to #6. My first lesson I learned in this process. Be sure to cross off the pieces as you sew them so you keep track of which one is next.
Well I have the first two blocks of nine for a wall hanging done. I'm please with my progress, but now I know I would be able to tackle the Star Blazer.
I managed a great start and along the way I have learned several tips and tricks.
When I get ready to add a new piece I cut my area at 1/2 inch from the sewing line. This helps get rid of a lot of extra fabric and it also made it easier to show case in the area whatever pattern on the fabric I wanted to show. I then once the seam is sewn I recut them to a quarter inch.
Before I sew on the new piece I have been taping it down with Invisible Duck or Scotch Brand Acid Free tape. I found it help not to have my piece double over on the seam line and then require me to rip out the stitches which are very very tight. I do have to say that you waste a lot of fabric, but I cut my pieces at least an inch larger all the way around from the suggested cuts. I know they will fit then.
The paper pieced area is done. On to the next part of my piece.
This is not a finish for me, I have found I really like paper piecing.