Wednesday, November 4, 2015


A couple of weeks ago I posted the beginnings of my granddaughter's Christmas gift for her boy friend.  At last the top is complete.  However, not without some difficulties.  She wanted the brown fabric border with the birds on it.  I knew I had just enough to do it for her with a red post in the corners.  Well that was not as easy as it sounds.  
I ended up with this problem.  Yes I made a mistake, but it also illustrated that I had a bigger problem.  There was not enough fabric length to sew the borders on the length size all the way to the end of the quilt, then add the posts on the short sides.  Plus I could not start on the short sides and add posts to the long sizes.  NOW WHAT!!!!!!!!  
The solution.  Surely glad to have figured this one out.  However, I have to admit not without some real head scratching, some ripping out, and one or two grumbles under my breath.  Well it is not complete, but on its way to the quilter this next week.
Oh my, this really has been a work in progress, I am linking up with  


  1. Beautiful quilt and I love your solution to the problem!

  2. This looks so nice! I have been following along since you started and can't wait to see it done.

  3. Hate it when that happens! Your solution works, tho.