Friday, November 13, 2015

CHARITY QUILT FINISHED

I finished up another quilt for my guild.  We are all asked to make at least one completed quilt each year to be given to various charities in October.  Last month they distributed 220 quilts.  I have found that once I have used a fabric several times it is time to just make up a quilt, quilt it and give it to the cause.  Most of these blocks were from the book Farmer's Wife.  Once I started the blocks I sort of lost interest.  I ended up adding a few orphan blocks from another project and it is done.  Nice to finish up something for a good cause so I am linking up with 
and

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! These orphan blocks really came together for a sweet quilt! It will be a lovely treasure for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cause and a really stunning quilt; what a wonderful way to use up your orphan blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt will certainly brighten someone's day, good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt! It is hard for me to understand what size it came out, but it is very colorful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vic in NH
      The quilt is 42 by 42 inches. 6 inch finished blocks. I don't like to quilt anything larger than that. Sometimes if they are 60 inches long by 42 wide I do them but after that they go to the quilter.

      Delete