Sunday, June 9, 2024

A WEEK OF SEWING FUN

 I spent this past week with my daughter.  We were able to spend a lot of time with family, a high school graduation event and party with one of my grandsons, and visits with an old childhood friend she went to school with, and her husband's brother as well as doing a good deal of sewing on several projects that she brought with her. 


On a trip to my local quilt store she purchased the coffee theme fabric.  We put together three runners two will be Christmas gifts for friends of hers and they were so cute that she had to have one for herself as well.  A neighbor of mine gifted her with the Kansas Prairie fabric and that will also be one of her friend's gift for Christmas.  Plus my daughter that is new to quilting taught me how to finish binding on the machine.  I have always hand sewn the finishing of my bindings. Just never was able to finish them on the sewing machine that looked good.  Well, you can teach an old dog a new trick.  These binding finishes are just perfect.

This is also a project she brought with her to bind.  It is a birthday present for a friend that is a college librarian, and yes she also has a cat.  The quilting she had done even included a couple of book worms quilted on it.   
And yes one more project sewn together and ready to take home, add borders and off to her quilter. 

My daughter has returned home after a wonderful 8 day visit and it looks like these two think it is about time. They look a bit sad, like they are thinking it's about time Mommy came home.    

Linky Parties on the Side Bar






     
 





11 comments:

  1. I love the book quilt! That is the perfect gift for a librarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family and quilting time! It's so great to share your passion with your daughter, and she is very talented. Great also to learn from each other! Thank you for sharing these pretty projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two had some wonderful quilty time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty full visit. So glad you got to spend time together in the sewing room. Hopefully you aren't too sad this week. It's always hard when they have to go back to their lives after a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, to sew with your daughter! My oldest just started sewing last year, and now she is off and running! We are getting together, finally, to sew in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but the library one is my favorite. Brilliant.

    Awww on the pups.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making a book shelf quilt has been on my list for years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the book quilt too. Even has a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts are so beautiful! I especially adore the book quilt, too. You're such a talented quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great book shelf quilt! I'm glad you found binding by machine! I used to hand sew mine until recently. It is so much quicker and easier to do it on the machine! I'm glad you had a great visit with your daughter. I wish mine would enjoy sewing! She's too busy carting around the grands to all their activities. Maybe some day! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete