Sunday, August 27, 2023

TABLE TOPPERS DONE AND SWEET TWEETS

The front yard job is done.  Tree down from last week and a big rock ordered and delivered.  Took a crane to place it, but it is exactly where we wanted it set.  Nice to have all this finally taken care of.  We did have a few days of cooler weather, but it is heating up so not much out doors you want to do after about 10am.   

I have all my table toppers done, total 18 for the quilt show boutique shop.  I did a great clean out of my Christmas fabric and the last of the Hanukkah fabric too, plus a bit of fall scraps as well.      
I am off to a new project.  Irene Blanck has this 10 month block of a month going.  I did a block of the month with one of her patterns last year.  I have started a bit late so I have 3 months already in the binder.  Time to get busy on this.

I am waiting for some fabric to arrive from Connection Threads.  I was able to purchase a couple of Fat Quarter bundles.  Rhubarb Pie and General Store that have similar themes to the pattern.
A bit of stash seaching gives me a few additional pieces to start work with too.  I have the lots of fabric for the blocks backgrounds so I think I should be able to get a good start and catch up with the first 3 months.   

                    Linky Parties on the Side Bar
 

  


20 comments:

  1. Your b-o-m looks daunting! I'm a chicken when it comes to such involved piecing and applique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table toppers look very nice. I love the pattern from Irene, her patterns are always so beautiful. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those table toppers and the new project. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those table toppers are all fun, they should do well at the quilt show. Love your new project. It will keep you thinking of summer once the cold of winter gets here (assuming we are getting some cold, I'm done with the hot stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new landscaping looks terrific and very low maintenance. Your new project will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely BOM you are starting, you're very accomplished with applique,

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table toppers you have been making are fantastic and should sell very well at the quilt show. I'd love to make something similar for ours. What size do you cut the center hexagon for them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your applique projects so I can't wait to see the new birdie blocks! You made so many pretty table toppers for your guild. What a fun quilt show that will be! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/30/wednesday-wait-loss-343

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing the table toppers! Much success to your quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking table toppers. They should sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table toppers are great....I was in a similar production mode this month. Love seeing your other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the table toppers. It is always fun to start a new project as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is going to be so much watching you create Sweet Tweets. Your off to a great start with the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your table toppers, Donnalee! Your new BOM looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table toppers look great, and you have one for each season! The new project BOM is pretty, and you have the lovely fabrics to come with. Have fun!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the table toppers! I found the pattern for the hexagonal ones at From My Carolina Home, but haven't been able to find a pattern for the octagonal one with Hannukkah fabrics. Do you have a source for that pattern? Dot

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new quilt is going to be amazing, i love the design. Love your table toppers too, thank you for linking them up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi DonnaLee, good luck with your new project. Those table toppers are cute and should easily sell. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great toppers, something for everyone. I hope that BOM border is a print fabric and not pieced! Cute blocks.

    ReplyDelete