Sunday, May 28, 2023

THE SUCCESSFUL WEEK

This week has been very productive.  I finished last weeks project and also started a couple of my own quilts and made good progress on them as well.  I love this time of year, we processed some apples and they are in the freezer ready to make apple crisps and apple pie, and some cherries as well. Our tomato plants are growing like weeds and we even harvested a couple cherry tomatoes, and the vegetable stand we love is open and has all sorts of yummy veggies to purchase.

I purchased these two patterns and fabric kits from Connecting Threads.  I wanted some fast and easy projects finished up for upcoming gifts.

I got the first one completed and I have been working on quilting it.

I am brand new at quilting my own quilts so I am very much in a steep learning curve.  I purchased this Quilters Select ruler some time ago, stashed it in the drawer and pretty much forgot about it.  But drawing lines with various markers has been a chore.  This rulers is extra thick, and it has a surface on the back of it that sticks to the fabric.  I can line up ruler to the side of my machine foot and guide the stitching with no issues at all.  With the large holes in the center I can grip the ruler and guild the machines foot right along the edge.  This one is 2 by 8 inches, so I just ordered the larger size of 3 by 12.

This is the second kit I purchased.  I like this one even more than the first.  In fact the pattern is so nice I have cut another out with some of my own fabric stash.

And yes, last week's Project is complete, and it is off to the ladies that asked me to make it for them and they will quilt it.  I will get it back to bind and do the handwork.  It is destined to go to some charity event as a fund raiser and be auctioned off.   



   





    

18 comments:

  1. Aren’t productive weeks wonderful? 😊It sounds like you’re getting ready for winter baking.
    Those patterns are so cute and your quilts came out lovely! Good for you – learning to quilt your own quilts! I’m starting to quilt table toppers and baby quilts using a simple serpentine on and between the seams.
    Last week’s quilt looks fabulous! It will be even more pretty with the accented handwork!
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, these kits are very pretty. I love the second one too!
    The ruler looks great, do you use it with a special foot?
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy Fabric Cafe's 3 Yard quilts. Although I don't use her binding strips -- I either use more than a yard or I use a totally different fabric for the binding. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabrics you chose for your gifted quilts. They sure worked well in those patterns! Good on you for quilting your own quilts. Simple lines will get it done! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt kit quilts! That Quilters Select ruler looks pretty keen. What a pretty charity quilt you did. You've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy this week. I may have to check out those rulers. I've never quilted my own quilts, but since retirement now I have the time but not the money to send them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good week's work! The 9-patch quilt is so pretty with that floral. I'm trying to learn to quilt my own too - but just the small projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy sewing up a storm! I rather like the nine patch and floral quilt, a great idea to use up some pretty feature fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for the finish. All your projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a fun and productive week, Donnalee! I love both your projects. You are doing great with quilting your own quilts and that ruler seems to work well for you! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job! I love quilting my own quilts even when it isn't that easy. Loads of satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all, but the butterfly one is my favorite.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfully productive week! Must feel so good. Quilting your own quilts is not easy, but you have certainly found the way to do it! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/05/31/wednesday-wait-loss-330

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi DonnaLee, what a great way to guide your quilting. Thanks so much for sharing this and linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. I really love both of your new quilts. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That waterlily fabric is a stunner. Congratulations on taking the plunge to do your own quilting. It can be daunting at first, but it is so worth the learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful quilts! I really like the one where you're using your own stash!

    Thanks for linking to PHD in 2023 May Report!
    Quilting Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were on a roll!!! Apples and cherries sound wonderful!!! and your quilts are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donnalee everything is just beautiful! Congratulations on getting so much done. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete