This block number 7 went really fast. However, my pattern setting is some what different. I just was not able to get all the leaves and vines set down, as the pattern showed in the book. I finally decided to just use my own creative license on it. It was very perplexing as this usually doesn't happen to me.
A side piece to block 7 was a curved strip. I decided to try using freezer paper to cut out my pieces. This worked so well.
The first two blocks of the eight pieces went together perfectly.
Now it is on to block 8 cutting leaves, leaves, and more leaves. I am using a very light fusible, and I cut out, donut, the centers so the pieces are soft.
So it is on to laying out this block along with bias stems.
And here is block 8 all ready to begin the process of blanket stitching down the leaves, birds, and nest. Evenings spent hand appliqué on the stems. I guess it is on to setting up blocks number 9.