While working on my Southern Charm quilt the pattern called for several Dresden blocks. I had not been successful in the past with this block, but decided to buckle down and learn to do them. It turned out I rather liked the results, although I must admit they are a slow sew project.
Earlier this past week in cruising through some blogs I found a quilt made almost exclusively of Dresden blocks. That post just grabbed me up and I almost immediately had my idea of a Romance Dresden Quilt.
I pulled out all my neutral low volume fabrics and then proceeded to dig through my stash for some deep, rich colored florals. My first block of around 20 or so needed came to life. I am so happy with it.
So, last night I cut out my next block. Plus I've pulled several additional fabric selections for several more.
I think this flower will be the center for this next block too. And I can't wait to cut and work on some additional color combinations.