I signed up for a 2018 BOM in the fall with Esther Aliu. In just the last day or so the 2018 projects were ready for downloading. She is offering three appliqué projects with another two coming. You can make one, two, or all of them. I choose Daisy Blue. If you have never seen Esther's projects or her blog you are missing a wonderful treat. She also offers other free projects throughout the year, and her blog is a great inspiration. You can link into her blog above.
This project is one of the easier of the three available now. I like appliqué and have done some hand and machine projects, but I am not an expert. I figured to start with this piece and see where it goes.
Of course a new project often requires a shopping trip. So off I went yesterday to select what was needed to start this adventure.
I was lucky as the fabric store was having a 25% off on all their fabrics. Don't you just love it when that happens?
Now I did run into a rather odd problem. I downloaded all the directions and appliqué sheets to my desktop, printed them out and Adobe printing cut off the bottoms of the sheets. I taped, reprinted, taped some more and did a bit of fuming over the problem. Some of the joining of the appliqués were cut off. This was not working. I finally went on Esther's Blog and printed them off her site, which prints them on my computer/printer format not Adobe. I did end up using 8 by 14 inch paper, but the problem was solved.
After all that fusing around with printer problems I only had time to trace and fuse a couple sections of the appliqués. So this coming week I will have to get busy and see about getting more started.
what a fun project...I will enjoy seeing your progress!
It's so beautiful though - I'm sure all of the faffing around with the printer will be worth it in the end!ReplyDelete
Don't you just love all of her BOMs for this year? THey're so pretty and tempting! I'm glad you're doing this one so I can watch it.ReplyDelete
What a fun new project. Hopefully the prep work will go more quickly now that the printer problem is solved.ReplyDelete
This looks like a lot of fun! I will be excited to watch your progress on this quilt!ReplyDelete
Oooh, those fabrics!! So pretty and you have a great start on the center pieces already. Technology is just great when it works . . . and then it doesn't. I will enjoy seeing this come together! ~smile~ RoseanneReplyDelete
Great fabrics and this will be a beautiful quilt! Esther's designs are always so neat!ReplyDelete
Absolutely beautiful fabric! I cannot wait to see how you put them together in your project! Troubleshooting printing problem is never fun, but at least you have to figure it out only at the beginning of the BOM :) Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
That's a lovely pattern, and your fabric choices are so pretty. I'm glad you figured out the printing problem. Have fun with your quilt!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing this blog its very informative and useful for use.ReplyDelete