Friday, January 19, 2018

ANTHOLOGIE #8

Another week to add to my Anthologie quilt.  This one appliqué block is an easy one, but such fun to make.  
This looked like a good start.  Now just another three petal sets.  
I carefully laid out my six sets of petals.  They were all measured out on the proper length of fabric to start and end evenly.  However I came up short on the top even after all that planning and measuring.  I really liked them and did not want to start over.  Who says I can't add another two petals, not me.  That is exactly what I did.  Instead of twelve petals we now have fourteen.  I'm off to appliqué them down.  Not sure if I will use a blanket stitch or small zig-zag in matching thread, or a hem stitch in invisible thread.  I'm thinking on it.

6 comments:

  1. A good creative solution!! its a pretty block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ways it turned out. You can really never have too many petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! The extra petals are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! Each plant is different so having your own unique style is just embracing the spirit of the design, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect adaptation. :) Sometimes the prettiest results come from "fixing" something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Problems are just situations you haven't found a solution for yet - there is always a way!

    ReplyDelete