Tuesday, November 21, 2017

OK SO NOW I AM READY FOR THANKSGIVING


I think this is one of the first appliqué projects I ever made, many years ago.  My children still laugh at the turkey's legs.  Not much meat there they say.  
Yes success at last.  If you have been watching my blog over the last month you will remember I made a full size Christmas spiral runner.  Then I tried making it half size with not much success.  It wasn't awful, but it just was not perfect.  I talked with the teacher that taught the original class I took and she suggested a different approach.  Well it worked.  
Well here it is all bound and I am just finishing the handwork.  This was a real lesson in just keep working on it. 
  

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that Thanksgiving quilt is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you kept working at the runner and figured out what was keeping it from being as expected; it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I like his stalk legs he makes this wall art quilt such a fun quilt. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wow!!
    always love seeing what you are making!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I too love the turkey's legs, made me smile:) Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some pretty skinny drumsticks! The quilt is so cute. I'm glad you were able to get some guidance so you could get the table runner done. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turkey's legs are so cute.... not a lot of meat on those drumsticks! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your kids are right - not much leg meat - though it is a fun wall hanging! Your next topper attempt looks great - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely shades of BROWN for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to be seen in your Harvest Quilt!

    ReplyDelete