Sunday, August 11, 2024

MORNING FLIGHT PROGRESS AND PLACEMATS

 I have been able to make some progress this week for a change on my Morning Flight appliqué project.  They are the smaller blocks but they have the project moving along at least.  I have spent more time working on some Christmas placemats as well.  I decided I wanted a set for our everyday dining and that also got me interested in making a set for a family member's birthday.

These blocks are a small accomplishment, but these little guys are more complex to appliqué than the larger ones sometimes.  Cutting out the appliqués themselves is a bit of an issue not to mention those 1/4" vines with the folded over bottoms.  One does wonder about why I started this project sometimes, but I am determined to finish it.  

I finished a set of 4 of these placemats for my regular dining table for the holidays.  I use placemats for our daily dining with themes to match the seasons.  However I have not ever had them for Christmas.  I happened on this fabric and decided we needed a set and I am thinking probably another set as well needs to happen.  

Well as long as I am in the Christmas sewing mood I figured a set of 6 for a family member's birthday sounded like a good idea.  Her birthday is in January, so I will have to get these to her at the beginning of December as an early gift.  They are a family with 3 children and I thought this fabric made for a cute holiday table for them.  

Linky Parties on the Side Bar  



   
 


11 comments:

  1. The appliqué blocks are lovely, and I love your placemats too. Fun and colorful Christmas fabric! It's going to be a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my DH would tolerate placemats! As he has gotten older, he's kind of a curmudgeon about some things. Not worth fighting about, as long as he's willing to clear and wipe of the table. ;). I like your Christmas themed ones with the red and white and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the applique blocks, it's never too early to tackle Christmas projects,I just finished a few major projects for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applique blocks look great. Progress is progress, even if it's just on the smaller blocks. The placemats are really fun. Hope this week is just as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your applique is very nicely done....lovely blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you're just going with your Christmas mood. Get 'er done nice and early!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all, but the one in the middle is my favorite. Beautiful and I love the colors.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely. Good for you for planning ahead for the holidays and gift giving. I may give quilted place mats a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flower blocks look so pretty! Well worth the trouble in mho. Love the idea of holiday placemats! I may need to get sewing. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/14/wednesday-wait-loss-393

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make them because they look amazing when they are done! Cute Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your applique is always lovely. Cute placemats!

    ReplyDelete