Sunday, April 14, 2024

LOCK DOWN IN THE SEWING ROOM

It was very busy this past week at home.  We have needed some painting done in our home for sometime.  I usually do the painting, but this was a much bigger job than I felt able to handle.  We have a fairly large home and the laundry room, kitchen/eating area, living room/family room, dining room, entry area, and guest bathroom, along with 27 doors through out the home needed painting.  Painters arrived on Monday and finished on Wednesday.

I did manage to finish this small quilt which was originally the sample of a class I have been teaching beginning quilters at our local quilt store.  The painters contributed greatly to me getting it done.
This was my doorway in my sewing room.  On Tuesday the painters were spraying the ceilings and walls throughout the home.  Everything was covered in plastic including and all the doorways into rooms not being painted  I was told it was best to find a room I wanted to stay in for a few hours.  I selected my sewing room.  If one is going to be imprisoned in one room, it was a great choice.

The rest of the house looked like this.  

During my sew room lock down, basically from 10 to 3, I also managed to finish my last two pillowcases started in March for the children's hospital.

Linky Parties on the Side Bar  




11 comments:

  1. Cute little quilt. It would be lovely with friends in a larger quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prep is such a pain but the results are always great. Good thing you were able to have the entire house done at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your studio is the perfect room to HAVE to be confined!!! Great job on finishing up the pillowcases and a sample!!! TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler quilt is darling and sewing room is a great place to spend a few hours while the house is painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You choose the perfect place to be locked down of course ;)) I hope you could still get out the window if need be ;) Well done with your sewing session, it's nice to finish some projects.
    This Friday I will be hosting TGIFF link party, feel free to share some finished blocks, items, or quilts.
    Thank you so much for sharing with my weekly P&Q ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting is one of those things I have always dreaded. And I've not been very good at it either. LOL I would have been hiding in my sewing room all day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you made a great choice. I hope that the house painting refreshes the space. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's certainly a big painting job. When I read your lockdown title, I imagined you were locked down with Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely made the best of that situation. Congrats on all the progress and on getting the house painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always nice to have someone else paint for you! I'm glad you were able to lock down in your studio. Your quilt is very pretty. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty little quilt, and pillowcases too. That is a lot of painting! I love painting (interior), but not sure I could have taken on a house as big as yours. Can't even imagine painting all those doors! It'll look wonderful when it's done.

    ReplyDelete