This past week I embarked on a new adventure with my granddaughter. This spring she asked if I would assist her in making a couple of vests. We had planned to get together while she was off on spring break but that didn't happen. Now that she is off for the summer we set up a day to work on her project.This is the vest she wanted to duplicate. I figured we would buy a pattern, but she says this fits really well and she likes the style. Well, that means we have to try to make a pattern off this vest.It took a good part of the morning, but we managed it. I ended up using freezer paper, ironed it on to the vest parts, traced around it then added a half inch seam allowance. Well here it is thus far. It fits perfectly. There were problems, oh yes, but we muddle through and have learned a great deal in the process. We will meet up again next week and finish it off.
Now there is a good reason for writing this all down and making some construction changes too. She would like 3 more made. Only thing at this point that really worries me is making button holes. I have a really nice Bernina 750 with a great button hole maker. I have never used it. The fact is I have not made any clothing of any type in 25 years. This truly is an adventure.
The good part is that we dug out my mother in laws old button tin. I inherited it when she passed away 19 years ago. They were a wealth of wonderful buttons. For you fans of my oldest daughter's English Mastiff hounds. Liza the 3 year old and the new pup Loki. This photo came with Loki's weigh in this week. All 78.8 pounds of him he is a little over 7 months old now. Liza weighs about 125 pounds, so Loki is going to be a big boy. I gathered from the picture they are waiting for a treat.