Sunday, June 19, 2022

LOTS OF PROGRESS AND ADDING ANOTHER

This past week has been really productive.  Granddaughter, Suren and I have her first vest almost finished.  Now just to practice a couple of  button holes.  She managed on Friday to get the other three cut out along with their backs and pinned ready to start sewing the shoulder seams.  My June BOM Garden Party Down Under is finished.  So lots of time to get busy and accomplish some more on my other two projects.

June's BOM Garden Party Down Under blocks are done.  Very pleased to have finished this one off so quickly.  The best part of getting so much completed is I have been able to work on some other projects that I have going all at the same time.   

I was able to finish up the first really large panel, 18 by 42 of my Flower Pot project.  These appliqués are so much fun, and yes they are huge.  

I have a good start now on the top center block.  Lots of work left to do on these blocks, but the fabric is just so fun to work with.  
I still have the small circle appliqués to do on the right upper curved appliqué and the lower left then plan to sew on the 2 inch strips on all four sides of it.  
I got the first of the final borders on to the left side of the neutral quilt.  The right side is started then the top and bottom borders.  I have to wait to get the final four corner blossoms on when all are sewn on.  It seems to be coming together nicely.  
And yes I have ordered the kit for another project.  Our youngest daughter, the one with all the chickens, ducks, and of course those peacocks.  When I saw this kit at Intrepid Thread I just knew it was the perfect birthday gift for her 50th in January.  Plenty of time to get it done too!

14 comments:

  1. The Flower Pot quilt really is fun and colorful! Love seeing your other projects, too. The peacock quilt looks perfect for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed with all of your beautiful applique projects! Your daughter is going to love her birthday quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving these big, bright and bold appliqué florals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DonnaLee, I really love the flower pot appliqué quilt - beautiful flowers and fabric! Your daughter's quilt will be awesome. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some beautiful applique work! The neutral quilt is going to be a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower pots are gorgeous, I really like the text print on the first one. That kit looks like so much fun, your daughter will love it for her special birthday!
    Thanks for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented. I like the flower pot the very best.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Loving your colorful Appliques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that kit is perfect for your daughter! Love your Flowerpot quilt. That's going to be so pretty! Thanks for sharing your projects on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheerful fabrics always make a project more fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to have that first vest done! Congratulations to you both! Your colorful applique is lovely as is your project in neutrals. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your applique is so bright and colorful. I love them.

    ReplyDelete