I have had a pretty productive week. My quilt guild activities still consumed a bit of time. I am the treasurer and March began the fiscal year, so budgets and trying to arrange a budget meeting with the board under our still somewhat restricted Covid rules took a bit of my time. However, I did manage to get a good deal of afternoon sewing time in.
I am not a free motion quilter. Despite a 5 day intensive class I still can't manage it. Over the years I have learned to resort to all sorts of alternatives. I have this bin full of paper templates. It had been some time since I had used them. But, once I started quilting my daughter's rooster runner I determined they were just the perfect tool to use.I can easily sew on a line and rarely miss. Just shorten up the stitches a bit and the paper tears off with ease. I have numerous templates in multiple sizes so things are progressing really well with quilting it. I also continued to work on my art project. I ended up adding grass by using the double stitch and 12wt thread. I have a boat load of 12wt threads so I found some really nice greens and even some browns to add.I put some little pink petal flowers on.Then added some more stems with a zig zag stitch and 12wt thread and some simple oval blossoms.Not sure I am done. Husband thinks I need something in the middle and on the left side. He is a good critic so I am thinking about that for a day or so and see where that goes. This is a morning of egg collections from my daughter's hens. Busy little ladies very hard at work.My daughter is also hard at work preparing for her spring vegetable garden. Some nice new top soil added to one of the beds. But, since the ladies have been such dedicated workers she allowed one last spa day as a reward for their dedication.