This particular Dresden was only a half placed on the edge of the block background. I figured a simple bias strip to finish off the center and show the background fabric through seemed like an interesting idea.
This plate wasn't even a full half. So just a fabric center seemed like a good idea. I ended up using 12 wt Aurifil thread for the blanket stitch. It really came out nicely, and almost looks like it was hand done. I really like the way the stitches stand out.
The last one for this week. Again just a smaller bias strip to finish it off in the corner. Yes I still have 2 more to go. So will see if I can't get those done by next Tuesday to post.
Time to keep sewing.
I'm really enjoying seeing your Dresden project come together. I thought I loved the one with the crocheted doily in the center until I saw the way you used the bias on the inner edge. I think I have a new favorite.ReplyDelete
See - you keep having great ideas with these. :)ReplyDelete
Wow! That half dresden is gorgeous! Beautiful blanket stitch!ReplyDelete
Wonderful variation of ideas for one pattern!ReplyDelete
Those are fun - it's interesting to have them each be a different version of a Dresden plate block! Pretty fabric, too!ReplyDelete
Such pretty fabrics for your quilt.ReplyDelete
Beautiful Dresden plate project. Nice colors and the thread makes such a nice finish on the plates.ReplyDelete