Tuesday, December 12, 2017

ANTHOLOGIE BLOCK 3

I skipped a block step over the weekend on my barJ. Southern Charm Quilt A Long.  I have Block 2 started, but fabric to complete it didn't arrive until yesterday.  
Block 3 was flying geese.  I like making them, and have the best tool every for perfectly made geese with perfect points when joining them with each other.  Bloc Loc makes Flying Geese rulers.  Are they pricey, yes.  However, they do not cost as much as some of hubby's tools in the garage.  You do need a different ruler for each size, and over the years I have purchased several and feel they were worth every penny.
One set done and another one that needs to be made.  These geese are 3 by 6 inches each.  
I did end up having to run out and pick up the background fabric for them.  I decided on Quilters Linen by Robert Kaufman in the Linen color.  It is 100% cotton, but does have a nice linen look. 
The plan this week is to get Block 2 complete, and then on the the just posted Block 4.  
  

5 comments:

  1. Love my Bloc Loc rulers! Your geese are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I too like Bloc Loc rulers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flying geese are absolutely perfect! I will have to look into getting the Bloc Loc rulers. I can not make a Flying Geese right at all. They always end up too small. It would be worth it to buy rulers that could help me get it done right!

    ReplyDelete