Tuesday, October 3, 2017

SPICY SPIRAL

I took a class on Saturday the 30th of September for a table runner called Spicy Spiral, put out by School House Quilts.  It was a lot of fun, particularly as this is a very interesting pattern and different from the average table runner.  
Yes it looks pretty complicated, however, it really wasn't.  There is some good accurate and organized cutting and stacking of pieces one has to do, but after that it goes together really easily.  
I still have to round off the sides and either pillow case it or bind it, which I have not decided on as of yet.  The pattern calls for pillow casing it, but I also think a nice bias binding would work well too.  I plan to quilt it down each color way with a serpentine quilting stitch.  The finished size is 42 by 25, and will look fabulous on my dining room table.  


10 comments:

  1. Hi DonnaleeQ,
    What an interesting table runner! I have never seen any in that shape before and I can imagine it would look great on your table. You have to round it off - is that smoothing all the curves or is supposed to be jagged? I kind of like the jagged edge but think it would be impossible to bind . . . It is a nice finished size, too. That sounds like a fun class. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just thinking this looks really complicated and then you said no not really! Very lovely though, will look lovely on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be lovely with your bias binding! Must have been a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy some tiny bits of ORANGE!! What a fun piece this is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!!! this is awesome...I would love to hear more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I have the rulers to do this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You have inspired me to move it up the to-do list a few notches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing runner... And does it ever have some WOW factor! Absolutely love it! I am sorry for the late visit to your blog. I truly appreciate your linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I made a couple of these and they are so much fun. http://www.conniekresin.com/2014/05/spicy-spiral.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! It looks complicated! Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete