In October I fell victim to a demo at a quilt show and purchased a Tsukineko ink set. In January I saw several quilts using paints and decided to purchase a set of Jacquard Dye-na-Flow paints as well. They have sat in a box in my studio ever since. In this past couple of weeks I decided to enroll in a Craftsy class that deals with painting on fabric. That involved purchasing Pebeo transparent paints. Yes insane, but I am on this mission now and refuse to give up.
I spent Saturday afternoon, watching U-Tube classes and experimenting with this new crazy idea of mine.
Try number one with the Jacquard paints. I'm was not impressed, so read more and watched more U-Tube.
Try number two, a bit better. Plus I can add more color once these dry. Also I am using Pellon 830 interfacing. Great for raw edge appliqué as it will not fray. However, one must color it.
Try number three, using the Tsukineko ink. I think I like this better and will have to try a couple more color combos.
Just for fun, I painted over this batik with a light tan color to reduce the brightness of the fabric. A suggestion from one of the U-Tube classes. At least one doesn't have to make their own colors, but can change the color a bit on printed fabrics.
This is what I am trying to achieve. I took this picture at a quilt show to give me a visual image. This gal does a fantastic job. These leaves were done with Pellon 830 interfacing painted with I believe Pebeo transparent paints. After watching the Craftsy class I am taking this seems to be where I want to go.
Well it may be I really have completely lost my mind, but I am linking up with this WIP and hopefully to really be able to figure this out.