Friday, September 11, 2015

1996 UFO FINISH

Do you remember this? While sorting through my studio I came across this unfinished quilt way back to 1996.  I pulled it out and decided it had to be finished.
Well here it is finished, well almost.  I still have two side to finish the handwork on the binding.  Considering it has had a 19 year journey that is too close to finished to worry about a hour or so of handwork.  I put a hanging sleeve on it.  I think it will go up on the wall in my dining area sometimes, and it is definitely going to my guild's quilt show in January 2017.
This has to be the longest finishing project there is so I am linking up with 
and

5 comments:

  1. once again...so, so outstanding!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! So pretty! Aren't you just so happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good feeling to finally finish a UFO - especially one as old as this one! I know I've got some really old ones tucked away somewhere too. Perhaps I should go looking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous. Congrats on finishing a long over do UFO. Debbie

    ReplyDelete