This past week was super busy. I taught a fall runner class at my local quilt shop. Fun event and the ladies finished their runners all pinned and ready to quilt at home. The remaining of the week I spent a good deal of time preparing to teach a Beginning Quilters class. Managed to finally get it done and turned in and ready to schedule for four classes on Wednesdays in November.This weekend I found myself with nothing in the sewing room I wanted to bother with. On a whim I decided to make a Christmas table topper for Sarah the lady that cuts my hair. Not as Christmas looking as I thought it would be, but really pretty fabric with lots of gold accents. This piece went together in one afternoon, a wonderful quick pattern. My oldest grandson's fire engine quilt is quilted and bound. It really does look like a fire engine too. I was not too sure how this project would come out, as I only created it from a picture off the internet.The back is perfect for it. I ordered it from an Etsy site believing it would arrive within a week to ten days. Within a few days I was notified that it was coming from the Ukraine. Oh dear, that was worrisome, but it did arrive safely and with a very welcome surprise too. I ordered 4 yards believing I would need to seam two pieces together for the quilt. It came 62 inches wide so was able to quilt it with just one single pieces on the back. The quilter thought the pattern she used looked like flames, I agree.
My husband thought a pillow case should go with it when he saw this fabric in the quilt store with me.
It is time to work on blocks Month 10 of my Garden Party Down Under BOM. So I am back to appliqué again.