Life has been crazy around here. You know it is bad when your calendar has most of the days filled in. Between preparations for my guild's quilt show on April 9th and 10th, and being treasurer for the guild only adds to the re-landscaping of our front yard. That means digging up all the lawn and doing lots of rocks and a bit of artificial lawn instead. We are on a corner lot, which really means twice the front yard to do. When the water bill started looking like the national debt, and we can only water twice a week now due to drought restrictions things had to change. All this upheaval means more time in the sewing room, lots more, sewing is a stress reliever for me.I finished my Flower Garden quilt and finally got it back from the quilters this past week. Getting the binding on it and now up on the wall in the dining area was really nice. Just in time for spring.This is the March instruction for the Garden Party Down Under all finished. This leaves me with almost two weeks of free time to work on some other UFO's hanging around in the sewing room.
I did decided since there are two of the four patch units in the quilt I would take the time to get ahead and work on the second one. They are a bit fussy and given I had the system down really good making the first one I would skip ahead and get the second one done. Still have to finish it off, but I should have it done in a day or so.I saw this finished baby quilt on the internet a week or so ago. Very simple, I think I will take a couple days and work on something that doesn't have appliquéd flowers on it. Does look like those eyes need appliqué, but I think I can handle that. A bit of graph paper and pencil should get me a quick pattern together for it.